I am a Licensed Massage Therapist, Licensed Esthetician, Sound Master and Reiki Master. I also provide Reflexology! I take a holistic approach to my life and work.
(I do not ‘love’ the term ‘master’ -I use it as that is the level of training I’ve completed, however learning is never-ending, I always have more to learn.. so no, I don’t consider myself a master of anything but me being me..
I believe to help someone achieve their desired level of wellness and life balance, you must treat the whole person, mind and body.
I offer several healing services, all of which hold this goal. I specialize in deep relaxation, stress relief and muscular pain reduction. I look forward to working with you and helping you on your journey in personal wellness.
Stress-reducing / Pain-relieving Massage Services:
Muscles get tight and cause pain for a number of reasons. My primary focus is helping determine what’s causing the issue, and then releasing tension and relaxing those muscles causing pain. I will share suggestions with you to help reduce the chance of the issue repeating itself. There is profound value to the art of touch, along with muscle tension release, where gentle but firm relaxation techniques in addition to deeper work where needed can truly make an incredible difference. This is where my specialties lie. Each body is different. Every person is different. All massages are tailored to you and your body.
When scheduling with me online, you will see two price options for each service. A regular, and membership rate. The membership program I offer, is to encourage more regular massage. In a perfect world, try to get a massage at least once a month (once a week if you’re lucky) but sometimes, that’s not possible…The membership requires no contracts or commitments. Just one simple guideline. If your last massage with me was within 2 months, you can schedule yourself at the membership rate. If it’s been more than 2 months since your last massage with me, you would need to schedule at the regular rate. If it’s your very first massage with me? Schedule yourself at the membership rate!
Most Massage Services are offered in both 60 and 90 minutes sessions.
60 minute sessions:
Regular rate: $95 Membership rate: $75
90 minute sessions:
Regular rate: $120 / Membership rate: $100
2 hour sessions are available at a set rate of $190 for 2 hours.
($150 for members)
- Therapeutic Swedish Massage Slip into that sweet relaxation place with a massage that indulges the entire body, mind and spirit. This massage is for the person who may not have specific problem area to target, but is looking to relax, de-stress and unwind. Therapeutic Swedish will still release tight muscles and tension, without the deeper ‘good massage pain’ that can sometimes accompany deep tissue work.
- Deep Tissue Massage This massage uses many Swedish massage techniques but works with the deepest muscles and tissues to relieve tension. I encourage you to work with me to identify your comfort zone.
- Neuromuscular /Trigger Point Therapy Massage This deep tissue massage includes trigger point therapy to reduce pain. Neuromuscular therapy is highly effective for clients who present with chronic pain and is often successful in reducing or eliminating even longstanding painful conditions. This massage is what I like to call ‘seek and destroy’ when it comes to adhesions/muscle knots. I encourage you to work with me to identify your comfort zone. I will always, only work within YOUR comfort level.
- Hot Oil Massage This relaxing massage is performed with warm oil to sooth, relax and hydrate the skin. If relaxation and de-stressing is your goal, this may be the massage for you. It will be a combination Swedish/deep tissue with a warm oil, the massage is set at a slow pace to insure ultimate relaxation. Hot Oil is offered in European Lavender, Ayurvedic and CBD. – Please text in advance to advise which you would prefer. If I do not hear from you, it will be with European lavender (always a good choice) 🙂
- Hot Stone Massage This ancient treatment is known for deeply relaxing tired, sore muscles. Warm smooth stones are used to gently massage away muscle soreness while melting away your stress. A perfect massage any time of year – especially fantastic in those cold winter months.
- Cupping Massage Therapy Cupping therapy is a form of alternative medicine in which cups are placed on the skin to create suction. The suction of the cups mobilizes blood flow to promote healing. I will combine stationary and moving cups and incorporate them into a Swedish and/or Deep Tissue massage. Most often used on your back, however these can be used anywhere, so if you are experiencing significant pain or limited range of motion, consider trying a massage that incorporates cupping. If you aren’t sure about this -don’t feel like you are committed to an hour of this..they are often only on for a few minutes in each area, and we can always switch back to a deep tissue or swedish. We will keep communication open as always.
- Pregnancy/Prenatal Massage A massage specifically designed to relax and de-stress the mom-to-be. Massage therapy during pregnancy is a wonderful complementary choice for prenatal care. It is a healthy way to reduce stress and promote overall wellness. Massage relieves many of the normal discomforts experienced during pregnancy, such as backaches, stiff neck, leg cramps, headaches and edema (or swelling).
———————--Additionally, massage for pregnant women reduces stress on weight-bearing joints, encourages blood and lymph circulation, helps to relax nervous tension — which aids in better sleep — and can help relieve depression or anxiety caused by hormonal changes. NOTE: Sorry, I do not offer prenatal massage to expectant mothers in their FIRST TRIMESTER. Second and Third Trimester only.
- Reflexology Massage Reflexology is definitely a popular alternative therapy. It promotes relaxation in the body, improves blood circulation, reduces pains and aches, soothes tired feet, and promotes overall healing. 60-minute services include a 30-minute head, back, neck, shoulder massage with 30 minutes Reflexology on feet. 90-minute services include a full body one hour massage with the additional 30 minutes Reflexology on feet.
- Herbal Thai Ball Massage This is a special herbal massage in which a special blend of herbs are collected, put into a muslin cloth, and tied into a ball.
The muslin herbal ball is then steamed so that the healing and soothing properties of the herbs are intensified. This massage incorporates the heated herbal balls, Thai stretching, and hot oil massage.
All clients will have an additional $15 fee for this service, on top of their regular or membership rate. This added fee will pay for your Thai Compress balls -As these herbal balls cannot be reused in a professional setting, they are the clients to keep and take home. For use at home, reheat/steam to use on yourself, or hang in the shower! Enjoy the herbal fragrance with the hot steam of your shower 🙂 Store in the refrigerator to make their freshness last 2-3 weeks!)
- Head, Back, Neck, Shoulders Massage Sometimes what you need most is relief in your back, head, shoulders and neck! We can concentrate a massage on just those areas to relieve the built-up tension so many of us get in these areas. Available only in 60-minute sessions. This is also an incredible option for anyone who suffers from migraines or severe headaches.
- Warm Bamboo Massage Bamboo massage works very similar to that of a traditional massage, in which the knots, stresses and stiffness in the body is relieved through the application of pressure to loosen the knots, relax the stiffness and relieve pain. However, in a bamboo massage, bamboo stalks are used instead of hands. The bamboo cane helps massage the deeper layers of the muscles, loosening the knots often better than simply using the hands. The bamboo itself is believed to have medicinal properties, helping to relieve various stress related as well as respiratory ailments. —-Bamboo sticks are used by rolling them over the body and kneading the muscles simply by running the sticks up and down, clearing blockages and stimulating the flow of chi. The sticks used are of varying sizes, depending on the part of the body they are being used on.
- Aromatherapy Massage Therapeutic quality essential oils (up to five) are incorporated into a Swedish and/or deep tissue massage (your choice) to further enhance healing, calm the mind and nourish the spirit.
- Himalayan Salt Hot Stone Massage Similar to a hot stone massage – but instead we use Himalayan Salt stones that have been rounded and made smooth! Enjoy the benefits of this healing salt, while enjoying an incredible massage!
- Reiki Massage Reiki is incorporated into your swedish/deep tissue massage. Reiki is a Japanese technique for stress reduction and relaxation that also promotes healing. It is based on the idea that an unseen “life force energy” flows through us. If one’s “life force energy” is low, then we are more likely to get sick or feel stress, and if it is high, we are more capable of being happy and healthy. This service incorporates the healing of reiki with the healing of massage. A 60-minute session includes a 30-minute reiki session followed by a 30-minute massage (most commonly on back, neck, head and shoulders only). A 90-minute session will include a 30-minute reiki session followed by a 60-minute full body massage.
- CBD infused Massage During a CBD massage, CBD-infused oils and lotions will be incorporated at key points during your massage, targeting areas of discomfort. CBD is a natural, non-intoxicating chemical found in cannabis, meaning you will feel no “high” from using CBD. These CBD massage products are safe and meet federal guidelines.
I am a certified Sound Healing Practioner (I have completed several sound trainings, as well as a sound masters program -but I find calling oneself a master, is a bit pretentious, so I’m sticking with Sound Healing Practitioner!) I have found sound therapy can have a profound affect on one’s state of mind and overall wellness. If you are looking for more calm, inner peace, and balance in your life – please give this a try. I have been working with the healing effects of sound for many years. I am always learning (and loving) the art of Sound Therapy/Healing using Crystal and Tibetan Singing bowls, gongs, drums, chimes, rattles, bells and other sound healing instruments. I have a large collection of instruments and use them during a sound session, whether it’s a private session or in a group setting.
I am soon offering sound therapy training at 7Heartz – please text me for more information if you are interested!
Some benefits of Sound Therapy:
- It’s super-relaxing! Deep relaxation is one of the most significant and universal benefits of sound therapy. The sounds permeate our system returning it back to harmony.
- It helps clears energetic blockages Some people experience deep healing during sound therapy as the sound vibrations open, clear, and balance their chakras and release stuck energy.
- It boosts your health That’s right—it’s not completely woo-woo. “Research has already demonstrated that sound healing can be incredibly beneficial to our physical health!
- It supports mental, emotional, and spiritual well-being
I offer one on one sound healing and also group sessions at 7Heartz.
Private sessions may include singing bowls on and around your body.
I am available for private sessions and events held at 7heartz in Middletown, CT
I am a licensed esthetician, and studied at both the International Institute of Cosmetology, and The International Dermal Institute. I have achieved Expert Level through the IDI.
Facials are nw available at 7Heartz – Starting September 2023!
If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to contact me via text! 860-595-7881
For more information you can also visit LauraSebastianLMT.com
Reflexology is a type of massage that involves applying different amounts of pressure to the feet, hands, and ears. It’s based on a theory that these body parts are connected to certain organs and body systems;.
Reflexology is linked to many potential benefits, but only a few of them have been evaluated in scientific studies.
So far, there’s limited evidence that reflexology may help to:
- reduce stress and anxiety
- reduce pain
- lift mood
- improve general well-being
I offer Reflexology in conjunction with a massage, or as a stand alone service.